Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sleep Deprivation Possible


So, I thought I might let you all in on my one major problem regarding the kids... Sleep!  Not like that should be a surprise to everyone, except, would it shock you that it is the 3-year old waking me up through the night and not the 4 month old?  That's right, Shannon is my sleep deprivation culprit 80% of the time.  At LEAST once a night she disturbs me and I have to go to her room, mainly to fix her covers.  But her night waking has been more consistent since birth than her sleeping through the night.  Last night, though, she did sleep through the night and it was Sloane who woke me at 3:00am for a wet diaper change and a feeding.  I am somewhat expecting the same thing from her tonight, since she managed to pretty much not sleep at all today and I got her to bed by 7:00pm.  Shannon, you would think, would sleep through the night better if she either went to bed earlier and/or had a nap during the day (which she manages at least a 2hr nap if I suggest one for the day)... but, nope, she proves me wrong no matter what approach I take.  Those of you with children can sympathize I am sure... but when you have no relief in sight and no one to tag team with at night during these fiascos, it becomes a bit more stressful.  On a more positive note, if this is all I have to deal with in the long run, it's got to be better than what some other parents deal with by far.

I am leaving this post at that 'cause I have to go to bed early myself to either catch up on sleep from last night or get prepared for whatever wakeup call I get for tonight.

No comments: