Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Great Timing

Ok, so my days are dragging, as I said they would AND Pat's day of arrival keeps fluctuating, though it will be on or just around the day he said he would be home (from what it is looking like now).  

On the other hand, I have had a very sick child to care for, so getting the house clean and preparing myself and the kids for his return is sort of taking a backseat.  Sloane has now had a fever for 6 days as of today, 4 of which include high fevers over 102 degrees.  I took her back to the Doctor today (after already making a trip 2 days ago) and it was discovered that she has herpangina/hand, foot, mouth disease.  This stinks to say the least cause she is totally uncomfortable all the time, even with medication, and has a very sore throat (Shannon had this at the age of about 2, so I've dealt with this before).  It's just frustrating to watch your child unable to heal, even for a short period of time, as well as to try and get her some fluids with an extremely sore throat.  It will hopefully be going away in the next 24-48 hrs, just in time for Pat to return.  Keep the prayers coming, people... I need them right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MK - hang in there with the sickness! The kids are so adorable, by the way. I love their latest pictures. Give Pat a big hug for us when you see him this week!! Kristen

LCDR Pat said...

Ready to relieve the watch.