Friday, July 11, 2008

Overtime

Ok, everyone, I am soooo sorry for not having posted in what seems like forever.  Thankfully, it means that my days and night continue to be busy.  I will attempt to let you in on everything that has been going on, especially with the help of pictures.

  This picture was taken right before we left on July 3rd for the infamous Knoebles.  It was a good time, especially since we went with our neighbors, the Priest family.  Also, note that this picture is for Pat, mainly, since their t-shirts say "My Daddy is a Knight in Body Armor and I'm his Little Princess."  I ordered them from my store, which, by the way, is doing well.  The favorite and most sold item thus far has been the camouflage heart with the saying, "A Piece of Our Hearts is Deployed" as a yard sign.  I have sold A LOT of these.  Weird, since I never expected that would be such a popular design.  If you haven't been to my store site lately, you might be surprised by amount of new designs added.

    Shannon enjoying herself on a couple of rides at the amusement park.  She loved it!  I know she'll be even more happy when we make the trip to Dutch Wonderland when Pat returns.

  The girls at the Mountain Top 4th of July parade.  Both enjoyed the sites and Shannon loved trying to collect all the candy being thrown at her from all the different cars/floats/trucks driving by her in the parade... it was like Halloween, but I didn't have to walk her around.  The candy has been thrown away cause I can't take anymore temptation in the house.  By the way, if anyone has any doubts to the studies talking about weight gain due to high stress and lack of sleep... I can attest that it is TRUE.  I have been gaining weight no matter what I do and I am swearing it is due to the constant stress level and my lack of good nights of sleep.

   So the camera I bought about 2 months ago actually has a variety of settings for different situations you might find yourself in... one is "Fireworks."  So here are 3 of the numerous pictures I took of the neighborhood fireworks.  Open them up to see the incredible detail.  Pretty cool, huh?

  And the animals just keep on coming!  My deer keeps getting closer to me and he is a beauty.  On the other hand, this snake has taken up residence by the step up to our porch.  My one neighbor took a look at the picture and stated that it wasn't a picture taken by me, but National Geographic.  Trust me, this snake is real and is reeking havoc on people trying to get to my front door who might be afraid of snakes.  I am not willing to get close enough to have this snake have a shot of snapping at me, but I do think he is pretty cool.  I am just concerned about his new area of domain.  Pat, you may have to take care of this one next week.
 Finally, more about the kids (hey, they ARE my life now).  Sloane has been a bundle of firsts in the past 2 weeks.  This was what I have found a couple of times going into her room after a nap or in the morning.  She has mastered the art of stitting up from a lying down position.  She is VERY close to crawling and may make her 1st moves next week before Pat returns home.  She is so active that I am really wanting her to stay put 'cause I dread her being able to move.  She also managed to cut her 1st tooth on the 4th of July.  She is babbling more syllables and making herself known to the world.
 It is amazing to watch Shannon and Sloane play.  Shannon is a GREAT big sister and works so well with Sloane (at least for now... I know the fights will come later).  Shannon gives Sloane hugs all the time, and Sloane LOVES them.  It blows my mind that they can actually play together at this young age.  I guess I figured a 3 1/2yr old would not like playing with an 8 month old.  Go figure.

  This picture was taken this morning.  Sloane has discovered herself in the little thing (I don't know what it is called) under the faucet.  She laughs at herself all the time when looking in it.

Finally, just a couple of other thoughts.  One is that I recently saw a SUV with a blue star flag magnet (like mine) on the back of it.  By chance, I saw the family that had gotten out of that vehicle and went up to just chat about their loved one who was deployed.  When I asked who was deployed overseas, the man with them said, "I am.  But I am just visiting for the weekend."  I obviously made a look of confusion that it was just for the weekend so he continued by stating he was deployed stateside.  Now, it is stated, "The Service flag may be displayed in a window of the place of residence of persons who are members of the immediate family of Service members serving in the Armed Forces of the United States during any period of war or hostilities in which the armed forces of the United States may be engaged, for the duration of such period of war or hostilities."  But I really think I have an issue with someone displaying it if their loved one is deployed stateside.  If Pat was still active duty, I really wouldn't display it if he was still here in the states.  But that is my opinion and not the purpose of the flag.  I just feel that it would insult all those who were not lucky enough to have their loved one deployed here.  I know, it is not like this guy is spending a lot of time at home anyway, but he obviously has the option to visit on the weekend.  I dunno... I am just getting a gut feeling that I don't like about it and, remember, this is just my thoughts.

Finally, we are at the one week mark for Pat's return.  I know the 15 days he will be home will fly by like blowing out a candle, but this last week until his return will drag by at a snails pace.  Please continue to pray for those who are in harm's way in our military and that they remain safe from any and all harm.

2 comments:

Patriot1776 said...

what camera do you have? Those fireworks shots are just awesome! Well done.

Love the pictures of the girls...keep em coming.

MK said...

Bill, got your check... glad you liked the merchandise! The camera is the Canon SD870 ELPH. It has a bunch of random settings like fireworks, aquarium, kids & pets, etc. Pretty cool, but I still had to time the fireworks shots just right and it took awhile to load up for the next shot (about a 4-5 second delay). It was well worth it though.

Don't worry, the pics will just keep comin' in.