Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Party

Ok, so here are a FEW of the pictures taken from Sloane's birthday party today.  There were so many, I had a tough time figuring out what to post.  Also, if anyone has any pictures they took from the day, please feel free to email them to me so I can add them to her scrapbook. 

  The birthday cakes (the 2nd was bigger than the first)... I was very pleased with their turnout.

  "Uncle Shawn" breaking in the new firepit and then how big the flames got later.

 "Mommy and Aunt Susan" posing for a rare sisters picture.

  The Birthday Princess right before the cake presentation.

  After we sang Happy Birthday, Sloane couldn't wait any longer for Mommy to put the cake in front of her and reached over to grab the cake herself (that's the first picture).  Then Mommy complied and gave her the cake to check out (it was more fun to reach for it).

  It took a little while for Sloane to get fully into the cake, but you'll see at the end she actually needed another bath.

  So it didn't take long for Sloane to put it in her hair (which seemed to come first) and then all over her hands and arms.

  She even demonstrated for the camera... and in the last picture you can get a general idea of the mess. It is everywhere on her, her booster seat, my kitchen table, and NOT in her mouth! :)

3 comments:

LCDR Pat said...

Great pics. I missed a good time obviously.

MK said...

Oh, don't make people feel sad that you missed it. It's not like we didn't try to have you join us.

Patriot1776 said...

I am sad we missed it...looks like a everyone had a BLAST! I would be careful letting those 2 start fires though...that could be dangerous! :-)