It is done! My backyard is officially DONE! All the pipes are in and the patio is finished. Now, if I could just get Dante to stay out of the growing grass and mud, that would be great. He has already put some nice holes in the mud.
The girls went to the Villanova Foootball game a couple of weeks ago (Sloane's first) and had a great time, despite the last heat wave of the season (90 degrees when I left that day).
Sloane has also reached the age of 11 months and has, of this week, started to pull up on furniture into a standing position. I figure she won't be walking until Pat is finally home. Speaking of which, Pat went into surgery this week for a hernia (and the Doctor found that he had two hernias once he went in). So he is recuperating in Afghanistan for about a week and has limited access to a computer and phone.
So, it has definitely become fall up here (today's high is 58 degrees and as low as 40 at night). The leaves are starting to show some color. I just want the grass to grow in in the backyard before it is time to go dorm it. I am going for now... I still have much to do with Sloane's scrapbook and I am quickly running out of time and both kids are sick with colds again (3rd one in 3 months).
3 comments:
Did Shannon see the preying mantis? I am curious what she said about it. Sloane sure has some blue eyes.
Yes, she saw the mantis. Not as much of a reaction as you would've thought. And, yes, Sloane has some great blue eyes... she is mesmorizing to look at sometimes.
great pictures! Love the girls in their Nova outfits...very cute!
Post a Comment